Phones 4U Call Centre Returns Avoidance
- Technical Call Centres
- Returns Avoidance
With over 680 stores in the UK, Phones 4U is one of the leading independent mobile phone retailers on the high street. The company’s focus is on providing an excellent customer experience, and in doing so on delivering unique and innovative services to customers.
With a growing demand for mobile phones, and the rise of Smartphone uptake in the UK, Phones 4U were experiencing an increase in “No Fault Found” products, and an overall rise in the costs associated with returns.
The company sought an innovative solution which addressed both the need to reduce costs, and to ensure that each customer received a full after-sales support package
As an existing partner, ANOVO was perfectly placed to develop an additional service that directly supported Phones 4U’s existing customers, and its network of stores.
To enable this, ANOVO developed a central Knowledge base that sourced information from its’ own repair lines, the manufacturers it partnered with, and from other verified sources.
Once the above was in place ANOVO set up a technical support team to take calls from Phones 4U stores and customers. This team were a direct source of advice, guidance and trouble-shooting support; combined these solutions reduced the number of product returns.
- Reduced the number of perceived faulty returns
- Significantly reduced the quantity of NFF devices in repair
- Increased customer confidence in Phones 4U’s product and service offering
- Confirmed resolution rate of 60%
- Manufacturer supported program – knowledge & updates are driven from the product source and always up-to-date
- Expert technical staff as a result of comprehensive internal training and manufacturer provided training
- Multi-source knowledge base ensures that each customer receives the most effective solution for them
- Store compliance
“ANOVO have been an extremely able partner in the development and subsequent evolution of the Technical Support Line. The management team are closely aligned to Phones 4U in ensuring customers receive professional but personalised levels of service and this in turn creates greater value for the Phones 4U brand.
By understanding the Phones 4U strategic and operational goals, and through excellent links to both existing key manufacturers and new challenger brands, ANOVO have been able to refine the Technical Support Line further.
In addition ANOVO have developed new applications in this sphere to support the changing needs of customers.”
Dave Ware – Associate Merchandising Director, Phones 4U