Telefonica Device Buy-Back Solution, Latin America
Telefonica is a world leading integrated operator in the telecommunication sector, providing communication, information and entertainment solutions, with presence in Europe and Latin America. It operates in 24 countries.
In Latin America, Telefonica gives service to more than 212.4 million customers as of the end of March 2013, becoming the leader operator in Brazil, Argentina, Chile and Peru.
- Generally, over 70% of the mobiles collected can be repaired and reused.
- In 2009, only 12 million were collected for recycling.
- The average life of a mobile is 7 years, however users replace them every 18 months.
With the rise of Smartphone ownership, and growing economies across the region, Telefonica recognised a gap in the market in the provision of added-value to mobile customers.
The key challenge was to establish a comprehensive mobile buy-back solution to address this gap whilst ensuring the company retained a sustainable business model in the highly competitive region.
- Direct revenues (in fees, money to customers) Telefonica
- Direct costs (less subsidy, post-sales equipment replacement) Telefonica
- Environmental Responsibility (brand image, social awareness, compliance with laws) Telefonica
- Customer loyalty Telefonica
- Trade ANOVO
Selected as a preferred partner within the region, ANOVO has been elected to run the buyback project in Chile Peru and Colombia by Telefonica.
Gilles Giacosa, VP Supply Chain & Customer Services for LatAm Markets added:
'Buy Back program is an example of innovative and demonstrated initiatives that will help us to bring more value to our customers in the LatAm Region, contributing at the same time to build a more sustainable business model. During the last years ANOVO has demonstrated to be a robust and qualified partner of Telefonica. And its expertise, acquired in other devices buyback markets, will contribute to maintain Telefonica’s leading position in the region.'